Sunday, February 21, 2010

Let's give this a try & Weekend Update


So I have decided to give this blog thing a try. I have great intentions but we'll see. I hope to use the blog to let everyone know what's going with us and more importantly (and clearly more exciting) Baby Austin!

I am now at 37 weeks (and a few days)! It's hard to believe that the big day is almost here. There are some days it seems like I have been pregnant forever... and then other days that I feel like it is still sinking in that this is really happening. Kris and I are both super excited for this next chapter in our lives... but I don't think either of us really know how this is going to change our lives.

On Thursday I met with another doctor in the practice for my weekly check-up. Kris and I really like my doctor a lot. She is young and smart and she keeps me grounded with my crazy questions. My doctor really wants me to meet all the other doctors in the practice just in case she won't be able to be to deliver Austin. At first, I thought this was crazy. Really? My doctor's life doesn't revolve around me going into labor!! :) After my appointment on Thursday, I am warming up to the idea. He was great doctor and very attentive. Although, I really liked him, one of his comments did confuse me a bit... "I bet you likely be back in our office for appointment next week." WHAT???!!! What does that mean? So you are saying there's a chance I won't make until week? Or maybe I will? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? Thanks for clearing that up, Doc. So when I got home, I told Kris about 30 times, "We're having a baby! No, really. We are really having a baby... like soon." He, like a good hubby, responded, "Yes, Brooke, I know."

I meet yet another doctor Monday afternoon which will be good because I feel like a lot has changed over the weekend. I had my Mom, Gramma and Aunt here this weekend. It was a great weekend! I took Friday afternoon off from work... so we shopped and I stopped and we shopped and I stopped. It was pretty funny. I tried to keep up but wheww! This belly is slowing me down. Last night as I went to bed I felt like we had tried to "walk him out of me" yesterday.

So with just 19 days to go until the D-Day… I am trying to enjoy these final days of pregnancy, finish up all the last minute things ready for his arrival at home, get things wrapped up at work… oh, and REST!

No comments:

Post a Comment